What is CLP? (Closed Loop Plastics):
CLP is a start-up out of UCI that repurposes plastic waste into 3D printing materials.
CLPs solves this business problem:
If you’re familiar with 3D printing, you know that it’s easy to generate plastic waste — especially if you’re a prolific 3Der. When you combine failed prints, re-designs, used support material, and even printed objects you simply no longer need or want, it’s not uncommon to start building up a collection of plastic waste that you’re not quite sure what to do with.
Combined with the already excessive amount of plastic trash that we generate every day, the amount of plastic waste is a cause of pollution that needs to be addressed before the consequences become even more severe. Closed Loop Plastics, or CLP, is getting ahead of the problem with a solution for recycling old plastic and turning it into reusable 3D-printing filament.
The sales and marketing campaign lead will have the opportunity to develop and execute CLP’s (Closed Loop Plastics) product beta launch of 100% recycled 3D printing material. As a team of engineers and artists we greatly understand the problems we are trying to solve, in this case plastic pollution, however we are looking for a self-starter to help ensure that our idea gets out to as many users of 3D printing as possible.
- Plan marketing campaign for launch of initial product line from CLPs
- Social media Influencers
- Original content
- Web Presence
- Website content
- Regional media
- Sustainability conferences
- Maker fairs
- Plan/Execute sample campaign
- Identify key beta testing audience for max feedback
- Distribute 100-kg worth of samples to users across all sales channels
- Arrange sales contracts with bulk buyers after testing
- Incorporate CLP into 3D printing communities across all channels
- Maintain list of all sales leads and conversion status
- Continue customer discovery
- Maintain consistent interview processing
- Present bi-weekly results of the interviews
- Following I-Corps program outline
- Marketing tactics
- Sales conversion (making qualified candidates into buying customers)
- Program/project management
- Strategy development
- Clear strategy communication
What’s in it for you:
- Lead your own project and be a part of a groundbreaking company looking to make products that put earth first.
- Help launch our first line of 100% recycled plastic products and bring more accessibility to sustainable practices.
- Get school credit while doing what you love.
- 20 hrs a week of diligent progress
- Self starting attitude
- Ability to work in teams!