ANTrepreneur Center Venture Grad Scholars
The ANTrepreneur Center is currently accepting applications for ANTrepreneur Center Venture Grad Scholar Awards for the upcoming Winter, Spring and Summer quarters. The application is open to current enrolled UCI graduate students. The deadline to apply is Friday, December 1st by 5:00 pm PST.
This award is given to individuals demonstrating commitment and success in entrepreneurial mentorship. Individuals awarded will engage in various pedagogical activities to enhance their experiential learning in the field of entrepreneurship programming and advising. Part of the training will include participating in peer mentoring and consultation programs and with the ANTrepreneur Center’s workshops and events.
The ANTrepreneur Center Venture Scholars Award is $2,500 per quarter.
The required qualifications for this fellowship include:
- A minimum one year of prior teaching or tutoring experience
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work collaboratively
- Deep knowledge of and experience in entrepreneurship
- Candidates must be in good academic standing
The Center sees a wide array of students from diverse academic, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds. For that reason, we are particularly interested in candidates who have experience in one or more of these areas:
- Passion for inspiring students to be innovative and self-starters
- Awareness of and experience with what it takes to start a business
- Familiarity with the Lean Startup philosophy and Business Model Canvas
- Scientific, technical, business, and/or legal writing and communication
- Multimodal/multimedia composition and online writing/communication instruction
- Supporting students from underrepresented and minority groups, adult learners, and/or students with disabilities
Additionally, candidates will preferably have experience with and/or an active interest in teaching, mentorship, and/or administration in one or more of the following:
- Startup accelerators/incubators
- Starting and scaling a business
- Sales/marketing/social media/website copywriting
- Student tutorial and/or support service
Applications should consist of:
- CV (including contact information for at least two references)
Entrepreneurial experience video – Applicants must make and submit a short video (no longer than 3 minutes) that highlights their experiences as an entrepreneur and/or as part of a start-up team. Examples could include ideas they developed, research that they translated into business ideas, side hustles, or projects that were innovative and/or entrepreneurial in nature. Applicants should also share why they should be hired as one of the ANTrepreneur Center Graduate Scholars, and why they want to work with undergraduate entrepreneurs.
The video could be a cellphone video that is upload to the drive, they could record themselves on Zoom and send the recording link, or they can post as an unlisted YouTube video.
The video needs to be submitted as part of the application. See application link at the bottom of the page.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for the fellowship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.