ANTrepreneur Center Venture Grad Fellowships
The ANTrepreneur Center is currently accepting applications for ANTrepreneur Center Venture Grad Fellows for the academic year, plus summer (pending funding confirmation), 2022-2023. The application is open to currently enrolled graduate students. The deadline to apply is Friday, September 2nd, 2022 by 5:00 pm PST.
General Application Process:
The ANTrepreneur Center Venture Fellowship is a quarterly fellowship that is renewable across the full academic year, including Summer 2023 (pending funding confirmation). The Fellowship will award quarterly stipends of up to $5,000.
This Fellowship position is held in addition to any TA or GSR positions graduate students have, as it does not provide tuition remission or cover fees. If chosen, candidates will commit to the fellowship until the end of Spring Quarter 2023. The ANTrepreneur Center Venture Fellowship is a flexible program that provides stipends for an estimated maximum of 20 project hours/week, totalling $5,000 per quarter.
Fellows will assist the Center Director with ANTrepreneur Center programming, research and assessment, and student venture consultations. Projects might include assisting the Director and Program Coordinator with maintaining regular consultations with students and student venture teams, supporting and mentoring undergraduate entrepreneurs, participating in projects and programming that supports entrepreneurship, hosting startup trainings on the UCI campus, and—depending upon background and interests—collaborating with the Director on research projects for the ANTrepreneur Center. Additional projects may include creating and facilitating in-class presentations and special topic workshops, drafting handouts and other resources, and representing the Center at campus events.
The required qualifications for this fellowship include:
- A minimum one year of prior teaching or tutoring experience
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work collaboratively
- Deep knowledge of and experience in entrepreneurship
- Candidates must be in good academic standing
The Center sees a wide array of students from diverse academic, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds. For that reason, we are particularly interested in candidates who have experience in one or more of these areas:
- Multilingual writing and communication
- Passion for inspiring students to be innovative and self-starters
- Awareness of and experience with what it takes to start a business
- Familiarity with the Lean Startup philosophy and Business Model Canvas
- Scientific, technical, business, and/or legal writing and communication
- Multimodal/multimedia composition and online writing/communication instruction
- Supporting students from underrepresented and minority groups, adult learners, and/or students with disabilities
Additionally, candidates will preferably have experience with and/or an active interest in teaching, mentorship, and/or administration in one or more of the following:
- Startup accelerators/incubators
- Starting and scaling a business
- Sales/marketing/social media/website copywriting
- Student tutorial and/or support service
Applications should consist of:
- A one to two page cover letter describing your relevant qualifications and experience, along with an explanation of how you see the position fitting into your professional development and plans.
- CV (including contact information for at least two references)
- Entrepreneurial experience examples
This writing sample should be between 600-1000 words and should highlight your experiences as an entrepreneur and/or as part of a start-up team. Examples could include ideas you developed, research that you translated into business ideas, side hustles, or projects that were innovative and/or entrepreneurial in nature.
Questions and applications should be submitted to this Google Form. After the deadline, you will receive a confirmation email that details the next steps in the application process, including an interview with ANTrepreneur Center administrative staff.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for the fellowship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.